Return to Index  

AS long as we have Doug on the line

December 5 2008 at 6:28 PM
Remington  (Login Berettaii)

Response to Thanks Doug

You know, Peter, I have always wondered about Moe and Bertholy. Moe liked to memorize and quote from the various golf instructors that he met, and he, immensely, enjoyed quoting Bertholy.

However, Moe didn't meet Bertholy until well after his playing career, as a young man, was over. Moe was about 50 years old, when he met Bertholy...that's a guess, but would be, relatively, accurate.

So I think we can, safely, say, based on Doug's admission that Moe didn't use one length or lie in his golf clubs at age 50...about 1979 or 1978. Further video that I have seems to indicate that in 1985 (age 56)or so that Moe was not using clubs of the same length.

A lot of people can't put this timeline together, in that Moe was 20 in 1949!! The period I would like to see, if he was using same-length clubs is in 1949 to about 1960.

Some people think that Bertholy influenced Moe, when, in fact, Moe's career, as a young man, was over by the time he met Bertholy, and his swing was imbedded.

Moe went on to have a fabulous senior career. My question for Doug was did Bertholy really influence Moe's swing that much, did he change Moe's swing?

In order to get a true picture of Moe's swing, should we be looking pre 1978 or so?

Respond to this message   
Responses

• As I mentioned... - Peter on Dec 6, 2008, 11:54 AM
  •  
  • Hi Rem - trencher on Dec 6, 2008, 1:51 PM
    • 1970 - Remington on Dec 11, 2008, 11:43 PM

Find more forums on GolfCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement