Return to Index  

Can't have one without the other...

December 22 2008 at 7:16 PM

Herbert  (Login gHerbert)
SAGF Members 2001

Response to Read the post "Exactly"

The reason that a stiff shaft droops less is the same reason that the faster the clubhead is moving the more the shaft droops. For instance if you swing thru at 5 mph clubhead speed there will be very little shaft droop. Probably un-measurable.

Also, flat or steep has nothing to do with shaft droop other then the effect of gravity. On the other hand if you swung thru the ball with the clubface at a 90 degree angle to the target (facing the sky) you would indeed get very little shaft droop because the cog of the clubhead would be on plane with the swing. You would get a little more forward bend of the shaft though. And if you where to swing thru with the face of the clubhead facing away from the target you would get shaft... 'bow' I guess... the opposite of shaft droop.

I find it hard to believe that the way one manipulates the handle of the club would have an effect on shaft droop but I am willing to be convinced if some proof could be presented?

Isn't it nteresting how one little comment here can get you caught up in a rather detailed discussion of the mechanics of the golf swing here... I hope that you enjoy the discussion and don't get frustrated with it!

Regards, Herbert

Responses