Return to Index  

Never take a divot,

January 6 2009 at 12:53 AM

Herbert  (Login gHerbert)
SAGF Members 2001

Response to Moe

never take a divot... very seldom.

Moe's own words on the video in question. He did hit a lot of wedge shots without taking a divot though some of them sounded a little thin to me. He also hit a lot of fairway wood shots with no divot on this video.

Interesting about the de la Torre influence. Moe seems to have been a lot like a typical hack in that he was always looking for something new... This makes me very proud to be a lot like Moe. LOL, the only difference was that he was the best ball striker around and my swing sucks. This might make me think that with Moe it was just shear talent and practice that made him great. I think though that in truth the mental side was just as important. Moe did not need anything like sports psychology or inner game or clear key or self hypnosis. He simply knew he was going to pure it and then he did it.

I do think that being able to hit it 300 yards with that short swing at 70 plus years of age has something to do with athletic ability. I think that it is more then just technique. What do you think???

Regards, Herbert

Responses