Return to Index  

Fer from it me Bucko

February 5 2009 at 3:46 PM

mcirishman57  (Login mcirishman57)
SAGF Members 2001

Response to Hmmm

but ye lads fail ter dis searn de true beauty of a par fect gawf swing, ye do. Fer tis that swing that produces the intended result o'er n o'er it tis. Parfect? new way lad...Effective? Indeed me kind ser!

Okay, I'll stop with the poor Irish lilt. Seriously though. I asked bout the shoulder level thing, and have been sitting here waiting for your reply. What difference does it make? I do want to know, and if you can show me what having my shoulders "more unlevel" ( and by this I take it you mean you want my lead shoulder lower than my trail shoulder at the top of the swing ) will do to improve my swing, I want to know. I am in the process of adding some fine tuning, and if you or others can help with some, I'm all ears. But to just say my shoulders are level, and something is awry...that doesn't help any of us. TELL ME HOW HAVING THE SHOULDERS MORE UNLEVEL WILL MAKE FOR A BETTER SWING!

FWIW, I set up with my spine sloped away from the target, in a single axis (club in line with trial arm) set up. As I swing back I just try to make the maximum turn, keeping the "slantdicular" appearance all the way back. I honestly have never give much thought to the levelness of my shoulders, and what impact ( if any ) this has on the production of a fine swing. I stand pretty erect with a driver, you know, not bent over much:

[linked image]

I do understand the danger of bobbing - "what goes up must come down" and I think that sometimes I do have a tendency to reach for more power and this may have been the case here. I know that often when I playing and I really stripe one, I have an after feeling of like WTF? Everything felt very "quiet".

As far as the aesthetic appearance of the swing, I couldn't care less. I have lost alot of money to lads with swings uglier than even mine. There they are, fairways and greens all day long...and with my money at the 19th hole! I have also taken money from some very stylish swingers too! happy.gif

The camera I have does suck, and it isn't possible to catch the fastest point in the swing through impact, but we are looking at 45 degrees this weekend so maybe I can get a down the line sequence for you all.

Looking forward to some constructive commentary on shoulders level from you and the rest of the DG.

This message has been edited by mcirishman57 on Feb 5, 2009 4:15 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement