Return to Index  

Answers

February 7 2009 at 8:58 PM

mcirishman57  (Login mcirishman57)
SAGF Members 2001

Response to Mac, As a follow up to my eariler post-

It was "cold" - 35 degrees. And they really were the first swings of the year...but I had already done my workout so I was not totally stiff. I try never to make a full speed swing with cold muscles. This summer I would sometimes barely make it to my tee time from work, but I always managed at least ten minutes of warmup swinging my weighted club.

I am 52 years young, and not as flexible as I could be, but the Bertholy programs have been a great help for this. Words fail to convey all the wonderful things the programs do for you. The guy took golf genius and found a way to get it into the average Joe - if he was willing to work.

I do teach some, and have coached some high school teams. Most of those I teach are friends and folks that knew me from my "former days" and want to know WTF happened and can they do that too...until they hear what I've been doing! Then they just want the quick fix type thing. I'm usually pretty good at that. My girlfriend is going to play this year ( she wants a set of clubs ) and so she is my "project". It will be fun to watch her develop and see how she takes to the game...she gets that look in her eye when she hits one, so she is on the precipice...pray that she crosses over happy.gif !

The stiff legs issue is part of the fine tuning and in particular the flex of the trail knee being maintained while still keeping the brace.

Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement