Return to Index  

Getting Back

February 27 2009 at 11:40 PM
rofox  (Login rofox)

Response to Re: Re-Whippy

Hi Herbert, Thanks Peter,
I just got out of the Hospital today at 1:45 cst..
I feel 100% better now.. I'm not supposed to lift over 10 lbs for about 3 days..(that will take constant thinking about that, grin)
I thought that my stint I had in in Sept might have collapsed a little, It turns out that an Artery that was 60% clogged in Sept that they thought would be ok, closed to about 90%.. It is just below what they call the Widow maker if you go into cardiac arrest with it.. The Doctors put two stints in the artery that was in trbl now (it was in the front of my heart, the 1st was on the backside).
Anyway sure glad to be back home.. I should be back playing in about a week from today..(1 week was all I was out in Sept for that one)
About the Simple Putter, I like the simple putting method very much for 20 feet and under, seems more accurate for me.
I haven't purchased the putter because the one I have, from what I have found out, is very similar to the the Simple Putter. From what I measure, the shaft to head angle seems very close to the same,, the weight (medium heavy ) I think is probably close also.. My putter is called a Smoothie and it weights 1 1/2 lbs..It does come with some adjusting weights also. From what I read a standard putter is 1 lb, a mid weight is 1 1/2 lbs, a heavy putter is 2 lbs.. again, mine is 1 1/2 lb.. It works well also for a conventional pendulum stroke ,which I use for longer than approx 20feet.
Will let you know how it works out through the coming season.
Later, Ron rofox