Return to Index  

Bagger Vance

May 4 2009 at 9:31 PM

(Login mcirishman57)
SAGF Members 2001

Response to What do I think?

would say Moe's swing was Authentic. When you say I only see Moe through Bertholy you are 3/4 correct. Actually I see ALL great swings through those common traits identified by Bertholy. Rather than cloud the facts, it sets everything in proper perspective and keeps the ship on course. It provides the baseline for what a fine swing is. The individual expressions of a fine swing are a result of each player finding within themselves the best to make THE FINE SWING for them. We all walk, but we don't all walk the same. When asked if people should swing like him, Moe said people shouldn't try to swing like he does. He didn't only mean not to use his mechanics, he also meant we shouldn't swing in a way that is not authentic, or true to yourself.

Now for the good part. My swing is like Moe's, Jones, Tiger's, Hogan's, Furyk's, Todd's. Of course, not nearly as "manifest" as these, but it is obvious to even the casual observer that mine comes from the same place theirs does. My cup runneth over...

This message has been edited by mcirishman57 on May 4, 2009 9:38 PM

Responses