Disagree -May 15 2009 at 3:14 PM
|Todd Graves (Login Tgraves)|
SAGF Members 2006
Response to Who swings like Moe?
You see, I don't expect people to be exactly like Moe. That is an assumption that, since I use Moe as model, everyone makes. I look for great club movement. Moe is the best model for this club movement -and I believe that the more you train the closer you will look and create Moe like results. I have never said this is easy or doesn't take time. I stopped training years ago...and last year played less 8 rounds due to tendonitis in my shoulders _which has since resolved itself...and I am able to hit a few balls this year. I am looking forward to hitting balls again.
There is no doubt that we are all individuals - but as many on this forum agree - there are necessary fundamentals to striking a golf ball.
My intention was to hit the ball better - and what I have learned is that the better the club moves, the better I hit the ball - (no real secret here). But I have also found that the more I do what Moe did, the better the club moves - and the more variation the less - and I hit the ball worse.
There are very few golf swing mistakes I have not made which has been great for my learning and teaching understanding.
There are reasons that Moe was a great ball striker - I do not consider those reasons idiosyncratic. That is where I differ from you and other instructors.
You may not look exactly like Moe but you can model his positions which will help the club move as he moved it.
Individuals we are yes, however, there are reasons for Moe's success that we can all strive for...and the closer the club movement matches Moe's, you will become a better ball striker.
| || |
- Re: Disagree - - Ham on May 15, 2009, 4:13 PM
- Typical...Graves seems to disappear when challenged?? - Ham on May 23, 2009, 12:18 PM
- You in Your Infinite Wisdom are Wrong - Scott on May 23, 2009, 7:09 PM
- FYI - Peter on May 23, 2009, 9:46 PM
- Re: You in Your Infinite Wisdom are Wrong - Herbert on May 24, 2009, 12:44 AM
- Peter and Herbert, - Scott on May 24, 2009, 7:50 AM
- Attacks, questions, discussions, experts, and MOE!! Oh No!! - Ham on May 24, 2009, 8:52 AM
- It hurts to - mcirishman57 on May 24, 2009, 11:00 AM
- Logic is irrelevant - cd on May 24, 2009, 2:19 PM
- Challenge To Ham - Ken on May 24, 2009, 2:52 PM