Return to Index  

No need

June 7 2009 at 8:58 PM

Herbert  (Login gHerbert)
SAGF Members 2001

Response to You really need

He changed his swing anyway!

I am just noting what I observe on the pics, I have no axe to grind. Not this time anyway...

I think that Brian's argument is an interesting one concerning the spine angle as mcirishman has more slantdicularness at the top then most pros or Moe for that matter. This may very well be a very good thing as a matter of fact I suspect that is. I hope so as I am working on making my swing the same! It is simply a matter of fact that the fellow has a valid point to some extent. Certainly not at impact though. I don't see any pros who are not tilted away from the target at impact.

As for the knee I don't know that anybody who can play keeps the chin over the trail knee for every moment of the back and downswing. The reason is that the leg bow is a common aspect of many excellent swings. Moe's for instance. My golf pro from years ago said that you should feel like you had a basket ball between your legs and you were dropping it to start the downswing. The leg buckle idea of the Bertholy method will or can accomplish this also. It seems to have to done so for my swing.

Regards, Herbert

Respond to this message   
Responses