Return to Index  

The dreaded lag

June 18 2009 at 5:04 PM
petearm  (Login petearm)
SAGF Members 2001

Response to Not quite.

Hello Peter - long time no see.
Do you remember my miraculous aquisition of the lag?
I did 100 Bertholy left arm digging dirt every day for 2 weeks. Trying to keep my head still, feel the break at the top (this slows you up). Had to change my grip to get the max break. Not being Sergio I thought I had to have the 'lag' at the top to give me chance of retaining it.
I was surprised how weak my arm was. Never thought of the trail arm.
Anyhoo, my video and left arm were transformed, flight changed, 170 yd 7 irons etc. Different game.

I think I mentioned a while ago how I was impressed by the dead still peak of the cap of the pros, especially on the way down.

It would be interesting to see how many ams can do this - sounds easy but I thought I'd pulled every muscle in my body getting there.

Another 'new' thing I've been aware of recently is the high degree of hand/eye coordination of these people better than I.

A neat often bar/then pro shop winter bet. Put a ball on a 4' high tee, the pro will bet $20 that you cant hit it with a golf club. No baseball bat and you get one shot
A good source of winter income.
Bandits like son #1 (who is now + on a 74.5 course) can hook or fade a ball off the 4' tee with a 7 iron .
Good test of progress

Respond to this message   
Responses