Return to Index  

Some thoughts for Moe Purists

August 20 2009 at 11:51 AM
Remington  (Login Berettaii)

Some years ago, Sanders (Big Grip) said, ..."if you want to swing like Moe you must short-grip the club."

The black weighted things on the back of my Ping irons came loose on two clubs so the factory replaced all of them for free, and I replaced them with the heaviest weights they had.

For 1/2 the season I have been short gripping my one inch extra long Ping S59 clus almost three inches short. My accuracy got better. Suprisingly, my distance didn't suffer.

I am still trying to figure out why Moe's clubs, like a seven iron, look different when he sets up with them face dead-straight forward...not inside looking like most wanne be Moe people do.

He, reportedly, ground his iron clubs down to the first groove!!! His clubs, at address, look like they are 3 degrees leaned forward. Recently, I have been wondering if he ground the clubs down to the first groove so that they would set flat on the group with the handle leaned so far forward?

I ask this question every year, and hope that some day we will get an answer.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on GolfCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2015 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement