Return to Index  

Been using the Hammy for 3 years

September 26 2009 at 9:21 AM
  (Login Sacto83)
SAGF Members 2002

Response to Hammy Putter

Since I am stongly right eye dominant, I switched to his putter to better see the line of the putt. Also because putting is basically a right handed action (for rt handers). This 45 degree open method turned out to be extremely accurate and makes lag putting easy. Suggest using a narrow stance and pushing the putter rather than swinging it. As has been said, keep both hands moving and push through the ball rather than hitting at it. Experiment with how much you spine tilt. You don't need a big back swing; judge the distance like you would throw a ball underhand and then push the right arm through the ball. I found for me the best position of the right arm is with the right elbow out rather than having it in and pointing at the ground. Might be different for you. Sometimes on putts of 3 feet or less I will take a square stance and use a normal unified grip to stroke the putt. Depends on how I feel on any given day on the practice green. If you find you are pulling putts a little left, lighten the right hand grip pressure, OR, don't hook the right index finger under the grip, just place the right index finger on the side of the grip, pointed down, and stroke it that way. Hope this helps.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement