My 210 yard drivesSeptember 29 2009 at 9:31 AM
|Remingtonii (Login Berettaii)|
Response to Agreed
I shouldn't goose around so much in these comments. In real life I have a wide stance, and I am slanted back...including head.
Part of the problem with my 210 yard drives may be my 7.5 degree driver. However, I am dead straight and can even choose to be down the left side, middle or right side of the fairway, pretty much at will. In 9 holes of golf I never miss a fairway. Further, every year I manage to play one or two nine holes of perfect golf, every fairway, every green in regulation and two putt or better.
Personally, I am careful about applying universal principles of golf. I think there are very sophisticated little nuiances (sp?)in each person's swing that makes it successful.
If I were to describe my game, I am, "relentless". If my opponent has one errant shot on a hole, he knows he will pay....guaranteed. I like having that reputation. If I could putt I would be dangerous.
Lastly, I don't think holding angles gives distance, as the longest ball hitters I have seen all hit up on the ball...shaft straight or behind the ball. I am a big believer in the concepts of Count Yogi in that respect. I also like the respect Frye gave Yogi, saving the "best for the last" in his book about golf methods.
It takes all kinds...I'm a different kind...that's all.
| || |
- Indeed kind sir - mcirishman57 on Sep 30, 2009, 10:24 PM
- Actually - Remington on Oct 1, 2009, 5:27 PM
- As my loving partner - mcirishman57 on Oct 6, 2009, 7:06 AM
- Hitting down or up - Remington on Oct 7, 2009, 12:53 PM
- Simple - Peter on Oct 7, 2009, 10:03 PM
- Clarify - Herbert on Oct 8, 2009, 12:41 AM
- Rem - mcirishman57 on Oct 8, 2009, 7:58 AM