Return to Index  

Indeed kind sir

September 30 2009 at 10:24 PM

mcirishman57  (Login mcirishman57)
SAGF Members 2001

Response to My 210 yard drives

A couple of years ago the Master's commentator's noted Vijay's driver loft was 10.5 degrees! The latest technology can be had for not a lot....and a visit to a fitter with a launch monitor might help you find as much as 20 more yards without changing a thing about your highly accurate swing.

Regarding the head back and retaining the angle and such. Your comments that retaining the angle is not a contributor to distance, coupled with the head back not being necessary, and the yogi hitting up on the ball thing - all lead me to conclude that you really don't understand much about how power is generated, and are happy to just savor the sweet elixir of your own conclusions and ruminations about what makes a swing "successful". Saying something is so doesn't make it true.

Surely you know that all good iron shots are struck with a descending path of the club and tee shots using driver are struck with the club moving on the upward hit of the ball you are so fond of. You see this every week on the PGA telecasts on super slow mo shots using the swing vision.

Par golf is great golf no matter what course you play and I applaud your accomplishments and ability. But my guess is you play courses with very short holes. On a "real course" with the average length of the the par 4's at even 425 yards, with your length you would be hitting driver/driver for your first two shots...and the game is not nearly as much fun played that way! happy.gif I doubt your go 9 for 9 GIR hitting driver for your seconds shot.

Bottom line to all the above is that distance is not major factor to you, and so you don't see a need to focus on things that would add to your distance. So things about generating power don't hold your attention or seem important to you. But if you were to try and become a long drive champion in the super senior division, or regularly play on longer courses against opponents with superior distance to yours, odds are you would find a need to really discover what are the biggest distance contributors, and seek to get those into your swing.

Respond to this message   
Responses