Return to Index  

Actually

October 1 2009 at 5:27 PM
Remington  (Login Berettaii)

Response to Indeed kind sir

Mac: I do slant back and I do hit down on the ball. I am a Moeite.

However, I was fortunate to devlop a relationship with Tim, Count Yogi's adopted son, who inherited the Yogi method. I learned of the mechanics of hitting UP on the ball.

It is difficult for people to understand that hitting up on the ball is superior (distance) to hitting down on the ball. I used to be a Golden Gloves boxer, and the most powerful punch we could throw was an upper cut...feet flat on the ground, hand flying up, leveraging against those planted feet, almost pushing the feet into the ground from the upward force, and hope you catch that unprotected chin. Hitting up on the ball is similar.

Further, I have tested this on several club pros, who are scratch shooters, and EVERYONE of them could hit the ball farther with all clubs up to seven iron. They were amazed.

Yes, on the 425 yard par 4's, I'm hitting driver and three wood, and only getting there with a little tail wind~!! However, I am 67!!

Yes, I agree that a more lofted driver would give me more distance....I am looking at this now.

Responses