Return to Index  

Different strokes for different folks...

October 5 2009 at 3:54 PM

(Login gHerbert)
SAGF Members 2001

Response to Reason for Nose Back in DS

Or I should say different thoughts for different folks.

To me nose over trail knee is a result of swinging correctly. Practice the proper positions and you will have your nose over your trail knee at impact. I guess that one other reason I can't see it as an intentional thought while practicing is that it is ambiguous to me. There is a range of more then 6 inches where the nose is 'over' the trail knee. Also the position of the trail knee depends on the action of the golfer, it is a moving target! I guess that to me it is much better to drill the correct positions and then look at the mirror or video and see that the nose is indeed now over the trail knee. Also for someone like me thinking of nose over trail knee could lead to dropping the head to get it closer to the knee. Okay, I think that I have beat that one to death!

Anyway if nose over trail knee is a good training or swing thought for some folks then who am I to say that it is bad advice???

Tilting away from the target definitely helps me to hit the ball more on line though in the long ago past I had a tendency to shove my trail shoulder too far under which results in a scooping action and extremely steep angle of attack that gives huge divots and reduced distance and accuracy not to mention pain the back...

Regards, Herbert

Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement