Return to Index  

Re: I agree, but...

October 21 2009 at 11:08 PM

(Login gHerbert)
SAGF Members 2001

Response to I agree, but...

The percentages that I mentioned are based on what I read in Pelz book years ago. The Pelz putter machine makes a perfect roll the ball comes off of the track rolling right onto the green. You cannot roll the ball any better with a putter it is not possible. As a matter of fact you cannot putt better then the putting machine unless you can control the ball with your mind... You are much more likely to putt worse regardless of how you hit the ball. Given enough time any human will lose to the putting machine in a controlled contest.

Anyway I believe that studies using slow motion video have proven that balls putted with a certain amount of loft roll better, skip less and hold the line better then putts hit in the manner that you are promoting. Perhaps someone can comment on this???

You see Mr. Remington the problem is that you are talking about a perception of what happens and I am talking about rigorous testing that will reveal the cold hard facts. Cold hard facts are not as much fun as perception but they are what they are...

Regards, Herbert

Respond to this message   
Responses