Return to Index  

Mix and Match -- I don't get it

October 27 2009 at 11:22 AM
Russ  (Login rustyredcab)

Response to That is what is nice about Trahan's tips

I don't get the concept of mixing and matching swing concepts that so many talk about on this BB. How do you guys know when to give up and add or change something? I read about adding a grip from one teacher and a set up from another and wishing you could shot scores in the 80's. Wouldn't we all be better off following one concept until we are in the 70's and 80's and then feeling like we can create our own swings?

I am so much more in favor of choosing a model and working toward that swing. My good buddy is finally planning to convert to SA swing (Swing Like Moe). He has asked for my help so we are going to work on it together this winter. I am a Swing Like Moe fan and student. My buddy and I have agreed that he needs to pick a method and model and stick with it. He has a hard time staying in the 90's and rarely breaks into the 80's. Until he's in the 70's, there is no way he should choose how to tweak his swing no matter how compelling that Golf Digest tip or some new idea on a BB sounds.

One guy's opinion.

Do most of you have a plan for what you want your swing to look like? When do you decide that adding some new swing idea is and creating your own unique swing is the way to go? Do you tweakers use video to see what you are really doing?

Russ

from 18.0 to 13.2 with NG
from 13.2 to 8.3 with GGA

Responses