Yep

December 9 2009 at 3:28 PM

mcirishman57  (Login mcirishman57)
SAGF Members 2001

Response to very good lag

My goal is to turn around my fixed spine as far as I can while :

1. Maintaining the trail leg brace
2. Maintaining the spine tilt away form the ball, and the bend from the hips
3. And the maintaining the integrity of the "Package" the the arm/hand assembly (club shaft to lead arm angle, with strong bicep curl) This winter I am working on an upgrade - I make an additional curl of the trail arm as I begin the downswing which ( ideally ) increases the opposing forces and torque even contributing to even more lag ( distance ).

In my swing, I make sure that my lead arm remains connected to the lead tricep throughout the swing never moving off it's address position at all. This makes my swing look ( and feel ) compact and "flat". Like wise I never let my trail elbow stray past my side ( flying elbow. ) Though I would like a swing that looks more "golferly" - hands high, narrower stance, etc...it just doesn't work.

However, I do find that my swing does allow me to hit the absolutes - those moves and positions that are common to all great swings.

If anybody will just swing to the top of their swing, and then without moving their shoulders or arms ( as much as practical ), initiate the downswing with the lower body, they will find that there is a certain way that their hips and shoulders must move in order to lag the club like I do in this sequence. This "swing" is made with literally no swing of the arms at all, and I can assure you, it is a very powerful "swing" - and built for consistency. And contrary to what some here have said, it is not that hard on the back - I hit three large buckets ( 450 balls ) Sunday after not hitting balls or playing in about 2 months...Sure I was a little "tender", but I was fine.

Responses