Return to Index  

Drat!

January 3 2010 at 3:05 PM
Allen  (Login allenws)
SAGF Members 2000

Response to Unfortunately...

Set up my Swing Speed Radar this weekend only to find out that it doesn't work properly. I'll be returning it hopefully for a unit that works.

As I sat around and moped about my misfortune of having a broken SpeedStik and Swing Speed Radar, it suddenly occurred to me that I bought a Swing Fan last winter but never used it as I decided to go whole-hog with Bertholy.

I pulled it out, assembled it and started swinging it harder and harder as I looked in the mirror. I was shocked at the results. The fins of the fan generate air resistance and actually forces your entire trail upper body back into a lag position. As a result you really must drive hard with your lower body to generate speed. I can't believe the perfectly correct positions that this fan causes you to assume.

It seems as though this is a great device to aid in training Proper Sequential Motion (PSM.) I've decided to finish my daily PB training with 10 minutes of swinging this device. I'm willing to bet that this will really help increase my swing speed as well without the difficulties I had with other devices in developing an over-the-top move to achieve the speed. It not only forces lead/lag, but the resistance will strengthen your golf muscles.

You can Google "swing fan" and find a half-dozen such devices. There's even one called the Swing Kite that attaches directly to your clubs. I've read that senior long-drive champion Steve Griffith uses a 6" diameter swim noodle from WalMart on his driver to exclusively train for long-drives. The swim noodle is hollow in the center and a cross-section is shaped like a sprocket. Cut an 18" length, slit it down its length and slip it on your driver. You can make this one for a few dollars if you are really cheap. happy.gif

This message has been edited by allenws on Jan 3, 2010 4:47 PM
This message has been edited by allenws on Jan 3, 2010 3:10 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement