Return to Index  

I don't know...

January 5 2010 at 9:44 PM

(Login gHerbert)
SAGF Members 2001

Response to I don't care who you are , that's funny!

One of my goals in life is to make people laugh as often as possible so I am glad to be of service!

Here is something interesting from one of the articles referenced:
http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/1999/habit-0922.html

When the light turns green, we position one foot to press on the gas pedal, tighten our grip on the steering wheel and get ready to go, even though there is no evolutionary precedent for driving. "The brain is so malleable, we can make our own pattern generators," Professor Graybiel said.

She suspects, however, that the more fine-tuning aspects of physical habits are accomplished elsewhere in the brain. While pounding out Chopsticks on the piano may become automatic, caressing the keys to produce just the right nuances of a Chopin prelude is not the same function, she says.

What we're doing when we learn a new habit may end up triggering the habit itself because, she said, as we develop habits we develop "chunks" of behavior. The process of walking, for instance, involves a series of movements, not just an isolated lifting or lowering of a foot.

Fascinating stuff really.

Anyway I think that that your way will work well for the right sort of dedicated people who are really interested in building a fine golf swing. The average Joe on the other hand is probably going to do better with Trahan regardless of how wrong the old pro may be.

Regards, Herbert

Responses