Re: When...February 20 2010 at 10:55 AM
|David (Login davidy48)|
Response to When...
Well this is all rather entertaining I must say !
Shall we review ?
Peter starts off by making the remarkable claim ( I quote ) " S+T teaches that at the top of your swing your torso should be angled towards the target ". His authority for this would appear to be, not, as one might expect, any one of the many articles which have been written in the golf press about S+T, or any of the freely available video explanations of the swing by Plummer and Bennett, but his interpretation of what he thinks he sees in a 30 second Youtube copy of an infomercial.
He then correctly goes onto to point out that no S+T pro actually does this. Now a lesser man , realising that he is commenting on a group of highly talented playing professionals who have had many hours of personal instruction from P+B, might perhaps have begun to have doubts about the validity of his original statement when observing this. Not so - Peter concludes that he is still right and they are all doing it wrong !
I quote from the S+T book page 107 "Top of backswing" - Spine tilt :
"TO KEEP THE SHOULDER CENTER STEADY, the spine continues to tilt left and extend. ...IN EFFECT, THE LEFT TILT BECOMES THE TILT TOWARD THE BALL WHEN THE BODY ROTATES 90 DEGREES." This is accompanied by a photo of Bennett still nicely centred over the ball, without one degree of angle towards the target. It's very hard to reconcile a steady shoulder center with a "torso angled towards the target ".
Can I suggest that before Peter offers any more commentary on S+T he takes the trouble to find out what P+B actually teach ?
| || |
- I'd suggest... - Peter on Feb 20, 2010, 11:44 AM
- Re: I'd suggest... - David on Feb 20, 2010, 12:41 PM
- Apparently.... - Peter on Feb 20, 2010, 12:56 PM
- Re: Apparently.... - David on Feb 20, 2010, 1:29 PM
- Typically... - Peter on Feb 20, 2010, 1:50 PM
- Peter, I have to apologise to you... - David on Feb 21, 2010, 1:17 AM
- As I expected. - Peter on Feb 21, 2010, 12:22 PM
- Re: As I expected. - Herbert on Feb 21, 2010, 4:45 PM
- Pictures - Peter on Feb 21, 2010, 10:07 PM
- A few thoughts - Herbert on Feb 22, 2010, 2:35 AM
- Pursuit of purity - Snowman on Feb 22, 2010, 8:57 AM
- Ahh, sanity - cd on Feb 22, 2010, 9:32 AM
- I agree.... - Peter on Feb 22, 2010, 10:03 AM
- Re: Pursuit of purity - dahlquistgolf on Feb 22, 2010, 10:51 AM
- Control - Peter on Feb 22, 2010, 1:04 PM
- Re: Control - Anonymous on Feb 22, 2010, 4:36 PM
- And... - Peter on Feb 22, 2010, 5:30 PM
- Re: And... - Anonymous on Feb 23, 2010, 12:47 AM
- Actually no... - Peter on Feb 23, 2010, 12:23 PM
- so, - Anonymous on Feb 26, 2010, 11:21 AM
- Hardly - Peter on Feb 26, 2010, 9:04 PM
- Re: Hardly - Anonymous on Feb 27, 2010, 2:29 AM
- Since... - Peter on Feb 27, 2010, 11:46 AM
- Re: Actually no... - Anonymous on Feb 27, 2010, 2:33 AM
- Re: Control - Anonymous on Feb 27, 2010, 2:39 AM