BullMarch 11 2010 at 5:57 AM
|rob (Login svensknlp)|
Response to Moe Norman
"His answer was that I wasn't Moe, there will only ever be one Moe"
Moe wasnt good beacuse his name was Moe.
Ben Hogan wasnt good beacuse his name was Ben Hogan.
Just beacuse a teacher cant teach you to do Moe or Ben like performances dont mean we should listen to them....
Moe and as Ben was able to consistent hit the same position under pressure.
That aint a fluke, and hearing so called golf theorist talk about playing golf they never get to second base ever.
map the criteria of a pro, what kind of distance, accuracy and shotmaking one needs playing for example on the PGA Tour.
Now, map those agaisnt what one can do and needs to do.
when those match, you can play there.
You need around 280 yard drive distance.
You need to make gir using shots that make the ball stop, meaning you need to control angle of attack for backspin.
You need a good putting stroke.
The only difference between a amatur and a pro is distance and accuracy with driver and irons.
The short game, should be exactly the same, no strength or power needed.
If it isnt, one should make that priority to hit approach shots, spot on.
I got putting in pro or better level.
I got a short game almost pro level, still need work on angle of attack.
I lack distance and accuracy.
Solving the distance and accuracy are the aim for this year as I was working to get on plane last year.
Thx to advice from Joe at symple swing.
Still planning to make the national tour at age 46.
People have so many assumptions and theories about golf its ridiclous.
I have to correct golf professionals time to time due to them dont know what they do.
The golf gurus, is even worse as they dont play at the tour.
|This message has been edited by sagf_moderator on Mar 11, 2010 9:05 PM|
- I'm no John McEnroe ( and you're no Jesper Parnevik) - mcirishman57 on Mar 11, 2010, 11:16 PM
- Re: Bull - Herbert on Mar 12, 2010, 1:28 AM
- bull - rob on Mar 14, 2010, 4:49 AM
- Agree....talent is overated...Herbert should have asked - mcirishman57 on Mar 15, 2010, 9:06 PM
- Dre ee ah ee ah eem, dream, dream, dream - Herbert on Mar 16, 2010, 1:54 AM
- practice--mental game - SATTHMS on Mar 16, 2010, 9:57 AM
- Define - rob on Mar 16, 2010, 10:11 AM
- Re: practice--mental game - Herbert on Mar 16, 2010, 6:06 PM
- IT DOES NOT - mcirisahman57 on Mar 16, 2010, 7:30 PM
- Re: IT DOES NOT - Anonymous on Mar 16, 2010, 8:43 PM
- Sheesh? - Herbert on Mar 16, 2010, 9:39 PM
- You know - mcirishman57 on Mar 16, 2010, 11:32 PM
- Depends on how you look at it. - Herbert on Mar 17, 2010, 12:55 AM
- Limitations/excuses are common - rob on Mar 17, 2010, 5:48 AM
- Height - Herbert on Mar 17, 2010, 12:43 PM
- Two Questions - Wayne on Mar 17, 2010, 9:24 PM
- and 3. - mcirishman57 on Mar 17, 2010, 10:51 PM
- hi and WoW! - rob on Mar 18, 2010, 5:20 AM
- If... - Peter on Mar 18, 2010, 12:38 PM
- Carly Simon - " I haven't got time for the pain." - mcirishman57 on Mar 18, 2010, 3:35 PM
- dont - rob on Mar 21, 2010, 8:26 AM
- Re: dont - Herbert on Mar 23, 2010, 1:36 AM
- LOL - mcirishman57 on Mar 23, 2010, 8:18 AM
- Link - Herbert on Mar 23, 2010, 4:34 PM
- If... - Peter on Mar 23, 2010, 7:47 PM
- dont 2 - rob on Mar 24, 2010, 4:24 AM
- THIS STATEMENT IS SO BLANTANTLY FALSE - mcirishman57 on Mar 17, 2010, 10:46 PM
- My advice... - Herbert on Mar 17, 2010, 11:48 PM
- Not - rob on Mar 18, 2010, 4:53 AM
- Studies - Peter on Mar 16, 2010, 11:37 PM
- heartbeat - cd on Mar 17, 2010, 5:11 PM
- Re: IT DOES NOT - SATTHMS on Mar 17, 2010, 8:58 AM
- Expert performance - rob on Mar 16, 2010, 6:14 AM
- While.... - Peter on Mar 16, 2010, 10:33 AM
- ofc - rob on Mar 16, 2010, 1:00 PM