Return to Index  

Interesting day?

April 18 2010 at 9:37 PM

(Login gHerbert)
SAGF Members 2001

Or maybe incredibly boring to you?

Oh well here we go anyway! I played a company tournament at San Juan Oaks today. It is a beautiful course and in very good condition. Unfortunately it is pretty much impossible for a high handicap player to play. The rough is deep and it is often hard to find the ball but just outside the rough it is deep cabbage and there is no chance of finding the ball which makes it DQ city or a long day of hitting provisional after provisional if you can't hit it straight every time. It would be a lot better if they at least marked the waste areas as hazards so a person could drop out of the crap.

I had a fun day, I started by hooking my first shot into the cabbage and then push fading my second. I didn't find either ball so I had to go back to the tee and hit another. I made a bogey on the third ball for a nice smooth 9 to get off to a great start. I ended up shooting an 81 so I played pretty good after that including doing something that I have not done for 20 plus years; I birdied 3 holes in a row and I just missed a 30 footer on the next hole which would have been 4 in a row which I have never done. I had one pretty good stretch and the rest of then time played bogey crap golf.

On the range I am really hitting it well with a few mis-hits or off line shots while on the course I miss-hit everything with a few solid shots. Some of this is due to my having changed swing methods so many times. Sometimes I hit horrifyingly bad shots to the right that are a result of blocking it with the lead hand in the strong position which opens the club face severely. Otherwise probably the hit impulse and fear of failure.

Regards, Herbert

This message has been edited by gHerbert on Apr 19, 2010 1:11 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement