Return to Index  

Re: I'd say that

April 18 2010 at 11:53 PM

(Login gHerbert)
SAGF Members 2001

Response to I'd say that

Thanks for the kind words I appreciate it!

I can say that I got used ignoring having bad holes a long time ago.happy.gif Something that was necessary given the way that I play. Even now you might watch me play 5 holes and think that I might be a scratch player or you might see me play 5 holes on the same round and think that I was probably a 25 handicap player. Very fun game golf is. What I did think as we drove to the second tee was that it was no different the couple of double bogeys and there was still a lot of golf left. Not only that but this is one pretty golf course with lakes and streams, really nice so it was going to be enjoyable one way or another!

As for the putter I have been putting really well lately. The greens were rolling true though difficult to read. I made several putts because I looked at the hole to see which side was the high side to figure out the break. I was lucky on a few also of course. I am using an odd method perhaps... I play the ball even with my lead toe and only 3 inches or so out from my toe. Almost all my weight is on my lead foot and I use a shoulder controlled stroke which I find to help a lot with distance and direction. I am using and old brass semi mallet putter, certainly the ugliest putter on the course today!

Regards, Herbert

Respond to this message