Return to Index  

Re: Maybe you're right, but I think I have a mental block

May 23 2010 at 9:00 AM
Jerry  (Login thinkin2)

Response to Maybe you're right, but I think I have a mental block

You are not alone. I have the exact same problem as you. I made a post a while back concerning that, especially concerning static positions. And I don't think we are alone either. I see guys on the first tee, while waiting their turn, making all kinds of slow practice swings and position checks and they look good. But when the step on the tee and make their swing it looks nothing like what they were doing only a few minutes before. I do believe that Bertholy and other types of drills have merit, especially for younger people who seem to have the ability to incorporate these things into their swings with relative ease but as an older (early 60's) guy I find it extremely hard to do this. Call me the "lazy one who fails" or a quitter or whatever but I don't think it's possible for me to achieve the type of swing that these things are able to create for others. Wish I had started golf when I was a youngster instead of in my 40's. The self teaching thing probably didn't help my cause either, lol.

Respond to this message   
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement