Return to Index  

Thanks for the offer...

June 16 2010 at 4:47 PM
Allen  (Login allenws)
SAGF Members 2000

Response to Just say when

but I've been using another method for the past 17 months to help develop lag. It has been very successful as I have been able to develop the lag that I think is so important in a good golf swing. To that end, it would be pointless for me to now use a different method to try and develop something that I already have. This would prove nothing for your method.

My first response to this thread indicated that while a setup change similar to yours has been beneficial to some members on this forum, that I personally do not think that it contains the ingredients necessary to develop pro-like lag. The reason being that angle-retention is non-reflexive and requires a great deal of active muscle antagonism to train ... a component that is not part of your method.

I have tried several techniques such as yours over the years and none of them have increased my lead/lag. Now, I could be wrong about your method, although I doubt it. IMHO, if you want to prove yourself on this forum, as you seem inclined to do, take a student who clearly demonstrates poor lag, put them through your system, and then show the resulting increase in lag as has been illustrated here. That would be the best endorsement that you could offer for your method to any golfer who feels that lead/lag is one of the most important traits of a good golf swing.

BTW, a $115 camera and free software is all that you need to document such progress ... a small investment to validate your method.

Respond to this message   
Responses