Return to Index  

Confusion in golf

June 17 2010 at 8:52 AM
Andy Kossowsky  (Login PowerSlotSwinger)

Response to 'Playing Pro'

Back in November of 2007, after I wrote the first draft of my book, I met with a Publishing Agent who specializes in publishing books on golf. After playing 18 holes, he told me we had a problem. He said my swing was too easy to learn and because of that, he didn't think a book would sell. I asked why and he said something I will never forget and something I would love for the viewers of this post to hear loud and clear, "Confusion is what sells in the world of golf." Innocently, I said that I want to teach and help people improve...isn't that what golfers want and isn't that what will sell? He said it is but only if the methods they are learning offers confusion to the process for it makes the golfer believe that on some level if they can figure out the confusion, they will become an expert and play great golf. Unfortunately, all the confusion is doing is making the game even harder. It's a perfect circle. "Confusion Sells." But unfortunately for me, he didn't think my book would sell because my swing is too easy to learn.

Now I know you are going to take what I just said and make your comment to your favor allowing the viewer side with your perspective but does it have to be that way? Lets try not to confuse anymore and just play the game of golf. Stack and Tilt, Natural Golf, Conventional, PowerSlot...who cares. The only thing that should matter is if people are finding success and guess what...with my method, they are. Lag, wrist angle, swing plane, camera angles, compared to and instructed by...as the women in the infomercial says, "Stop the Insanity!!!" What if someone came along and said to stop worrying about all that and just step up and hit the ball. Now that would be confusing.

Respond to this message   
Responses