Return to Index  

Maybe

August 22 2010 at 12:37 PM

Herbert  (Login gHerbert)
SAGF Members 2001

Response to Pretty nice

Thanks!

Maybe I am actually doing what I am trying to do? I think that when throwing something the wrist is pretty straight at the release point? LOL for years I tried to keep a bent wrist through impact and the picture looked about the same though I had to really try to delay the release to get even that 'good' of a result. With the throwing idea this seems to be what I get every time.

There is another thing... Peter pointed out a while back that pros tend to release the club faster after impact that is the club shaft is farther ahead of the hands. This is something that won't happen if I am trying to delay the release. Yes of course this all supposed to be automatic and not thought of but in the real world I had to use a strong grip to force myself to delay the release and then I would not get the full release after impact.

I do know that with this swing thought I am hitting shots the really surprise me with the how far they end up from where they started. This is happening with every club and my friends are also noticing it.

It seems to be a thought that does not interfere with my ability to hit the ball well when it is... I guess you could say a 'pure' thought. I keep throwing other thoughts in and messing myself up! LOL I am on the longest birdie drought that I can remember at the moment. I average about one per 18 holes and it has been more then 126 holes since my last one! Maybe today...

Regards, Herbert

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Re: Maybe - Justin on Aug 22, 2010, 4:27 PM
    • Re: Maybe - Herbert on Aug 23, 2010, 12:51 AM

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement