Swing PipeNovember 3 2010 at 10:23 AM
|Peter (Login sagf_moderator)|
Response to How much...
First - If Doug or Harry see this they can answer but other than them, and perhaps Tom, none of the regular posters here had direct contact with Bertholy and have Bertholy's Swing pipe. The swing pipes we have were our developments and not Bertholy's. Bertholy's swing pipe was not symmetrically weighted and that lack of symmetry was used to enhance certain exercises but I've not seen any documentation on the details of the weighting.
Second - The 'swing' pipe was not intended to be 'swung' (unlike Gary Player's heavy club) unless you'd consider this exercise
to be a 'swing'. It was intended to be largely a 'prop' that would allow you to get into the proper positions that you would with a golf club and a weight for strengthening the lead arm and wrist for release/post release in some exercises (as shown by Harry Mapp in the drill).
|This message has been edited by sagf_moderator on Nov 3, 2010 10:25 AM|
- Weight of Bertholy Pipe - Tom on Nov 3, 2010, 3:39 PM
- Strength and Weight - Mcirishman57 on Nov 3, 2010, 9:19 PM
- Left forearm - Ham on Nov 5, 2010, 3:08 PM
- I think - Mcirishman57 on Nov 5, 2010, 4:32 PM
- I don't know... - Ham on Nov 5, 2010, 5:53 PM
- "No Strength" Really? - Mcirishman57 on Nov 5, 2010, 11:11 PM
- strength is not the key - Ham on Nov 6, 2010, 3:12 AM
- Bertholy - Ham on Nov 6, 2010, 3:48 AM
- Yutes - Mcirishman57 on Nov 6, 2010, 9:11 AM
- Not all kids... - Peter on Nov 7, 2010, 3:56 PM
- Kids - Ham on Nov 7, 2010, 5:18 PM
- Video - Peter on Nov 8, 2010, 9:01 AM
- As has been noted... - Peter on Nov 7, 2010, 3:58 PM
- Forearms - Herbert on Nov 6, 2010, 8:47 AM