Training speed?November 15 2010 at 11:16 AM
|Ham (Login hammeredit)|
SAGF Members 2001
Response to Speed Chain Testing Has Begun!
Seems strange to train speed with something heavy like the speed chain. I used one a few times last year and did not see much benefit. It may be good for someone with very little to no lag, but I don't see how you learn to move fast with that heavy chain.
The problem with your test is that you are doing so many different programs at the same time that it will be hard to know what helped and what hurt your progress.
Running, biking, and raquetball helped me the most. Weight training did not seem to help with distance. There is no question that overall fitness would help one hit the ball better, but for speed I would learn to move fast, not slow.
- No problem - Mcirishman57 on Nov 15, 2010, 11:31 AM
- Well... - Ham on Nov 15, 2010, 1:16 PM
- Re: Well... - Herbert on Nov 15, 2010, 1:54 PM
- Haven't heard anyone mention... - Peter on Nov 15, 2010, 7:48 PM
- Uh Oh - Herbert on Nov 15, 2010, 9:26 PM
- $295.... - Peter on Nov 15, 2010, 10:10 PM
- Somehow... - Ham on Nov 16, 2010, 8:31 AM
- Golf's version of the Leaper - Ham on Nov 16, 2010, 11:09 AM
- THE TREATMENT - Anonymous on Nov 16, 2010, 12:05 PM
- Yeah... - Ham on Nov 17, 2010, 12:30 PM
- The concept - Allen on Nov 15, 2010, 11:35 AM
- speed chain - Barrda on Nov 15, 2010, 2:43 PM