Return to Index  

Then...

January 23 2011 at 2:52 PM
  (Premier Login sagf_moderator)
Forum Owner

Response to Statement

you should not have a question mark at the end of it.

As I've said before you consider 'very close' acceptable when it supports your position and not acceptable when it doesn't. Your camera was above ground level so relative to impact it is no further off line from the event than the camera in Journeyman. The fact that you have a single fixed camera means you will not be in the actual swing plane for more than one point in the swing if that however I'm sure you count that in your acceptable 'very close' vs other's 'very close'.

Research papers go into considerable detail on the work done to insure proper alignment of X-Y coordinates with video so that measurements can be validated. Skewing the X-Y coordinates relative to the target line would skew the measurements. That doesn't happen in research work because there is a validation step. 'Very close' does not cut it.

BTW - You just said I have never known anybody to use a targetline view for analyzing body movement; but not so long ago you said There are some pros who like to put it on the ball flight line....

Peter

This message has been edited by sagf_moderator on Jan 23, 2011 4:14 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses