Return to Index  

Rewards

February 3 2011 at 5:11 PM

Mcirishman57  (Login mcirishman57)
SAGF Members 2001

Response to Lie Angle

Allen- "Spend the time to get some consistency in your game before putting a lot of money or energy into your equipment."

That's sorta always been my view. If your swing doesn't repeat...well the dynamic lie won't be accurate from swing to swing. When my brother got me into the game, he gave a 1/2 set of Ping knock offs and a Ping Zing persimmon driver ( still have that sweet club ). Told me if I like the game and stick with it, he'd complete the set when I could break 100 consistently. Took me two years I think.

Then I told myself, when I can shoot bogey golf, I would reward myself with a set of clubs. When I did that, I said when I get to a single digit handicap, I'll get some new sticks. I currently working on my next set - which I will get when I get to scratch...

I remember playing golf with my step brother after realizing big improvements with my swing and game from all the Bertholy and Clearkey work. He couldn't wait to show off his new driver...I told him I had a new driver too. LOL

So we tee off and he hits that new Taylormade pretty good. I pull out my same driver and the look on his face is like where's the new driver? I blast it 40 yards by him on the fly, and hold up my old driver and ask him "How do you like MY new driver?" He asked what I did to hit the ball so well since last time we played and when I told him he didn't believe me....said I have to be hiting lotsa balls to improve that much!

Now over the years, I did have my iron's lie adjusted a couple of times, and I have purchased three drivers over the years...but I am still holding off on a new set. I will probably reshaft my irons this year though and cheat a little on my promise!

kevin

Never quit til you have a swing you'll never forget!

Respond to this message   
Responses