Return to Index  

Announcing - "The Tush Trainer" - On Sale now! KIDDING!

March 2 2011 at 6:51 AM

(Login mcirishman57)
SAGF Members 2001

Just kidding...in light of all the recent discussion on spine angle and forward bend, I came up with a neat way to help train outside once the weather breaks. Now I won't have to drag my folding chain to the range! Enjoy:

This aid will help you in maintaining your "tush line", and the rods can also be used for other drills and training aids as well. At the golf products stores, you will see these fiberglass "Tour Sticks" selling for anywhere from $15 to $40 or more for two. You can purchase these for $1.99 ea at home depot! Here's a pic of the set up:

[linked image]

To use this simply set the rods up so that they just touch your tush as you address the ball so that you are feeling a light touch. Then, as you complete your swing, maintain that light touch all the way through impact into extension and even the follow through. Do four reps thinking about it, and then four on clearkey. Here's a sequence of me using it yesterday. When I trim the clip, I will post it on youtube:

[linked image]

And here's a sequence before tush training, note how my hips are closer to the ball as my tush has come off the line:

[linked image]

For indoor use, you could take two blocks of 2x4 and drill a hole in them to hold the rods.

Kevin
"A Blueprint For Golf Excellence"

Never quit til you have a swing you'll never forget!

Respond to this message   
Responses