Return to Index  

The point.

April 6 2011 at 2:41 PM

(Login gHerbert)
SAGF Members 2001

Response to Markers and which swings? DOH! double DOH!

They are the experiment demo at about the 9:17 mark on this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lY7Ke77edo

You can make up whatever sort of rationalization that you want in order to have a nice warm fuzzy feeling for yourself and your students but the fact is that the experiment as it is presented is of zero value.

As I mentioned earlier if you implement more trail wrist bend into your swing then you might have some measurable results...

Following are some thoughts on this subject:
I think that there is a pretty good chance that you are wasting your time as your swing is already very good in this respect. Going beyond y at impact is probably of no value and results in lower ball flight and nothing more other then the potential for injury (at least in my case). I actually am starting to believe that Tom may be correct and forcing those positions is not a good idea. This is pure opinion and I have not made up my mind on yet...

Also; Moe had total control of trajectory. I am guessing that he may very well have had more trail wrist bend at impact when he was hitting lower shots. Of course he was very straight at any trajectory I don't think that his distance or accuracy increased on the lower ball flight shots???

Regards, Herbert

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement