Return to Index  

Re: Questions

July 27 2011 at 5:02 PM
  (Login Snowman9000)
SAGF Members 2006

Response to Questions

I don't hood the club going back. I let it rotate naturally.

I tend to have a backswing that's too upright, due to some lack of flexibility turning. If I try to move it flatter without turning better, then I really hit hooks. I've worked a lot on getting better turn going back in order to get the club on plane. It is a work in progress, at best. Moreover, the better I turn going back, the stronger I turn through, which is good and bad. It's bad when I get out of sync and the ball goes left.

I tried moving the ball position within reason. It helps but seems to introduce other errors on occasion, then I have a two-way miss going, which is worse than just hitting left. Same thing with a closed stance. I have not ruled out either one though.

If I'm hitting left on the course, I adopt the Lee Trevino block/fade you mentioned the other day. It works to stop the bleeding mid-round. The more I've learned to work the ball, the more I appreciate a block or fade when I simply have to get something into play.

Hey, it's fun to discuss basic SA swing stuff. I hope this might be helping any new-ish lurkers. Well, off to league.

This message has been edited by Snowman9000 on Jul 27, 2011 11:06 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement