Re: I've also...August 29 2011 at 3:36 PM
|Jerry (Login thinkin2)|
Response to I've also...
I'm not familiar with the Bainey impact position-I'll have to look that up. I'm sure these days that most of those guys on tour can hit it far. Doubt there's a lot of distance difference between the long ball hitters out there. But there's a story that still gets told about Gainey around here. At the local muni they have a Monday night blitz all through the summer. It's a nine hole Captain's Choice with two 4 man teams paired up in a shotgun start. Hole 7 is a short par 5 that has a water hazard all the way across the fairway. It takes probably a 350 +/- yard carry at least to clear it but he did it one night. I think they had about 70 yards left to the green. I'm sure there are quite a few tour players who could do that but locally not many. I personally know only two or three guys (amateurs) around here who could maybe do it. I wish I had been there that night to see it. I'm surrounded by great courses that host lots of PGA/LPGA events and over the years I've had tickets given to me but I have never been to even one. Same with the Masters and it's not too far away either. I'm going to have to break down and go to one as everyone says until you see them in person you really can't appreciate just how good the pros are. The Nationwide Tour will end their season here again at Daniel Island so maybe I'll go over there.
| || |
- Apologies... - Peter on Aug 29, 2011, 6:24 PM
- Re: Apologies... - Jerry on Aug 29, 2011, 7:49 PM
- Grip - Peter on Aug 29, 2011, 11:24 PM
- FASINATED BY THIS APPROACH - Hawkholman on Aug 30, 2011, 8:14 AM
- Position at Impact - Peter on Aug 30, 2011, 3:22 PM
- Re: Position at Impact - Herbert on Aug 30, 2011, 4:00 PM
- Another thought - Herbert on Aug 30, 2011, 4:14 PM
- Yes - BobKy on Aug 30, 2011, 5:45 PM
- Re: Yes - Jerry on Aug 30, 2011, 8:17 PM
- Hi Jerry - BobKy on Aug 31, 2011, 9:26 AM
- Hawk, try this to stop the snap hooks. - Swing Like Moe on Sep 2, 2011, 4:20 PM