Return to Index  

FASINATED BY THIS APPROACH

August 30 2011 at 8:14 AM
  (Login gobuckeyes)

Response to Re: Apologies...

I am fasinated with this approach....THIS is what my brain is telling me to do [Gainey's swing] but it never works when I try it [low hooks]. Instead I continue to struggle with conventional golf and cannot get below an 11 handicap, cannot hit the ball high, and cannot hit mid to long irons. Irons, in fact, look impossible to my brain to hit from tight fairways. If I have a 7 iron from the middle of a tight fairway 160 yds out, I almost have 'no shot'.

What do I have to do differently to hit the ball like '2 Gloves'??? I would even be willing to wear both gloves.

My guess is that I have 'no magic move', and instead throw it over the top too often and too much to make this work.........but should I try it by 'holding off' the left arm rotation?? [and, oh yeah, I have a history of lower back problems]

At times I can play very well, and even hit a number of tee shots 250-270 at age 62, but all shots are 'low', and Mr. Snappy is waiting to grab my tee shots at any time, usually at the worst possible time.

I would mentally be much more comfortable with Gainey's approach, but I am not sure I can make it work.

Thanks for publishing this thread.....I love watching Tommy play, it gives my brain at least some confidence knowing this is possible against the best players in the world.

Hawk

Respond to this message   
Responses