Return to Index  

Minimalist Golf Swing (MGS) Over Two Weeks

October 3 2011 at 4:40 PM

McIrishman57  (Login mcirishman57)
SAGF Members 2001

Because there are many questions about this and lots of interest, I compiled a video of four swings made over the the last two weeks, both down line and face on. I left a couple of the clips untrimmed so you could watch me attempt to get into ( and stay in ) the MGS set up. There have been some questions and comments about SA Aligned vs non SA aligned and in these clips you will note that earlier on I am more SA aligned , and in the last most recent clip I am not so much, though still very far away from MGS direction of handle pointing to bottom of zipper:

[linked image]

The amazing thing to me is I can hit the ball about the same with either set up. Here is the full video link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcaQiicgRHw

Her one comment about my swing was after I make the forward bend, then JUST TWIST the torso closed. You can see in the clips how I also tilt away from the target more than I should. Just having the twist will have my shoulders not as angled.

Mrs. Kanwar is back in India now and is very busy and still getting over jet lag. She has read all the threads relating to MGS and even took time to post a reply, but she took over an hour to post it and she timed out so when she hit the post button it was gone! ( been there done that ) She told me she would re-post, time permitting.

Oh yeah one other thing I have been meaning to mention. A good visual cue to tell if you are set right for MGS is this. When you line up parallel/square to the target line to address the ball..feet,hips, shoulders i.e. the normal way... if you were to look directly left over your lead shoulder your gaze would be looking LEFT of the target. With MGS set with the torseo twist after you are finsher if you look over your left/lead shoulder, your gaze is right at the target!

Kevin

Never quit til you have a swing you'll never forget!

This message has been edited by mcirishman57 on Oct 3, 2011 4:54 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses