Return to Index  

I get where Ham is coming from

October 10 2011 at 5:42 PM

McIrishman57  (Login mcirishman57)
SAGF Members 2001

Response to So the question is....

and remember, I originally tried it in the hopes of being able to swing with an injured back, and to keep from re-injuring all the way to an unplayable point, and I just kept running with it.

So, for example, if you look at the earliest of my attempts at MGS swings, I am still very much SA aligned. Kiran says NO! Hands lower. NOT LIKE MOE. So I set them lower - the shot off the blacktop video - and she says NO hands too low! So I make the adjustment again. Then shes says, still to much turn! Just let the lead arm climb up your chest wall and hit your face, soft lead elbow, no raising up out of posture. So I do that...it's a work.

Also, as Ham pointed out, my trail shoulder still comes up somewhat. Kiran noticed this too, and said that my trail shoulder and lead arm needs to soften more.

Now SATTHMS' point is very valid too. So I am not executing a pure MGS action per her direction, SO WHAT? I hit many of the salient positions, and there are enough changes in my swing that people here and those in my league that haven't seen me play in awhile notice some very big differences.

I think most others are in the same boat. But the good news is that the changes she recommends are solid enough that a great many people who are open minded enough to give it a try as best they can understand it, are finding some real positive results. And when you get right down to it, that is what it's all about, real golf instruction, that really works and makes the golfer better.

kevin

Never quit til you have a swing you'll never forget!

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on GolfCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement