Return to Index  

Wrong about wrisr cock and distance increased

October 13 2011 at 6:13 PM

McIrizhman57  (Login mcirishman57)
SAGF Members 2001

Response to 'Your own way'

MGS doesn't say there is no wrist cock at top of swing. In fact she teaches that there is, just not an intentional one. The wrists are to remain neutral with no intentional cocking, hinging, extension, etc.

When done right, as Tom has noticed and pointed out and Kiran can confirm or elaborate, the wrists may actually cock more, and at the "more proper" time in the swing.

Also it is not right to use me as an example that MGS cannot provide increased distance like I experienced with Bertholy. I had already reached 90% of my limit and maxed it out with speed training - not Bertholy.

Others here have reported increased distance since trying MGS though, and I know they have used Bertholy cuz they have my book and have corresponded with me about this. So in their case bertholy didn't provide distance increase, and MGS did.

I didn't seek out MGS for an increase in distance, or to improve my swing, I tried it because I had to play in a tournament in two days with a back that wouldn't allow me to swing in my normal way. As it turns out, MGS has helped improve certain other aspects of my swing, with no loss of distance.

As far as not performing precisely MGS as directed, SO WHAT. I am trying to as much as possible, it is certainly WAY different from what I was doing, and it has changed the swing I am making. So if every tiny detail isn't worked out per MGS direction, who gives a rats behind? I didn't do Bertholy 100 % as prescribed either, avoiding the active lead arm pull and catching raindrops he wants. SO WHAT. I still improved, and give credit to his method for my improvement though it wasn't an exact implementation of it as he describes. Sheesh Louise!

Kevin

Never quit til you have a swing you'll never forget!

This message has been edited by mcirishman57 on Oct 13, 2011 10:46 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement