Return to Index  

Bravo

October 14 2011 at 9:04 PM
  (Login Lusus)

Response to You can be "right", but you sound rediculous doing so!

Kevin, very well said.

I really believe that this is the swing Blake had in mind when he said that his swing was designed so that (paraphrasing) "anyone could play to a 5 handicap with minimal practice". In fact, I wonder if this isn't what Blake had in mind. As I recall, he wanted you to have a super wide open stance and take the club in no more than 15 degrees from the target line. It seems to me that the closed shoulder position might be doing something similar. But then I haven't looked at Blake for years so I might be wrong. At least with the MGS you don't have this really strange stance.

I also wanted to say that Kiran's comments to you are almost exactly what I pieced together on the range today independently of having read it. I know that I'm in a huge hurry to hit the ball which means my shoulders are moving too early. I found when I did exactly what she suggested (e.g. "wait for it" and envision my left arm as a single horizontal line) led to some absolutely perfect shots. Funny thing was a stopped because I wasn't sure it was correct--now I know.

So thanks yet again. And many thanks also to Kiran who has patiently answered so many questions.

Respond to this message   
Responses

• Maybe so - cd on Oct 15, 2011, 11:04 AM
  •