Return to Index  

Science and the Golf Swing

October 14 2011 at 9:18 PM
  (Login KiranKanwarGolfPro)

Response to The list of papers...

Peter, all valid points. I still have to find time to locate some convincing papers on the muscle physiology bit, which Ive seen!

Ham (response to/from another thread) I have done quite a bit of research, and written it up. Not all of it has been published, but the written up ones are all on my website www.yourgolfguru.com

Until I tied up with a professor at Washinton University in St Louis, I did not realize the importance of a comparison. So, we did some research in 2006 and 2007, comparing an earlier version of MGS with a tried-and-tested method of improving rhythm to improve ball-flight.

Results are to be published, hopefully at the World Scientific Congress of Golf, and/or in the Journal of Applied Biomechanics.

Also, Dr Jim Suttie (see youtube video by typing kiran kanwar jim suttie) has evinced interest in comparing MGS with the Modern Golf Swing (which he is an expert on), and each of us would teach one method. So, there are many plans in the pipeline, although time and funding are the main issues!

Responses