Return to Index  

Consistant

October 15 2011 at 2:09 AM
  (Premier Login sagf_moderator)
Forum Owner

Response to You can be "right", but you sound rediculous doing so!

My point in all of these types of discussions has been consistent over the years - What is the golfer actually doing vs what is it they think they are doing and what do they need to do to strike the ball correctly.

Years of Bertholy training has greatly improved your impact position (per your comments) and what you've adopted from MGS so far has not undone that improvement. But the question is would you have improved your impact position to its current level with MGS without Bertholy.

You may never be a valid tester to prove or disprove that point but there is no evidence that I've seen to say that will happen. Perhaps others here can use video to make the comparison between their existing swing and their MGS swing and the impact position can be compared with your Bertholy impact position.

BTW - From 2:46 in the video to Kiran referenced in a post about MGS she says:

The left arm and club shaft move in a straight line to the right toe and the wrsts never bend.

She proceeds to demonstrate exactly that, nearly no wrist cock and proceeds to slap past the ball in a swing where she hits the ball.

While she said in the email that you were almost perfect you are a long way from either the TOS position she demonstrates or the specific direction to not 'bend' the wrists.

As to 'ridiculous' - you have shown a tendency to have issue with any comments you perceive as negative about any new golf idea that you find helpful (Clear Key and Speed Chain are examples) so I just chalk that characterization up to being consistent with that track record.

Peter

This message has been edited by sagf_moderator on Oct 15, 2011 6:54 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses