Return to Index  

Clarification / Correction From Kiran Kanwar

November 1 2011 at 6:07 AM

McIrishman57  (Login mcirishman57)
SAGF Members 2001

Response to Slow Motion Videos

She watched the latest videos and sent along the following comments relative to "my MGS" and the high speed video of my 7 iron swings:

To be closer to MGS, the left arm must not be stiff in the elbow, and it must climb steeply up the chest wall. Feel the left arm climbs steeply up the chest until it reaches the face. That way we can have a less-restricted length-of-arms' swing, while the body still remains in MGS positions.

The best MGS length of left arm is about 10 o'clock or so, when the club has the maximum gravitational potential energy. The left arm can then more easily drop down with gravity at the start of downswing with less conscious interference from the golfer.

Also, set-up is NOT meat and potatoes, it simply facilitates the meat and potatoes which is keeping body mass in one place at all times - the place it needs to be in at impact, and keeping the left arm as the radius of the swing from address to impact.

(YOU feel it is meat and potatoes cause you've got the set-up feel so well and you never get out of it, many many, people do, tho, and descriptions should apply to a majority not minority in mass-instruction imparting as you're doing on the forum). The green line in my screen shot is a bit of a curve to imply softness!!!!

[linked image]

So there you go, straight form the Guru herself. She was out of time, as she is on her to Pattaya, Thailand, where she will be presenting at the PGA Conference of Asia. She will be rubbing shoulders with some well-known heavy weights and it will be interesting to see how she gets on with them.

Kevin

Never quit til you have a swing you'll never forget!

Respond to this message   
Responses