Return to Index  

Responding to Scott

November 7 2011 at 11:40 AM
  (Login gobuckeyes)

Response to Re: LETTING IT HAPPEN...........

Yes.........the correct 'Torso Twist' improved my downswing path. [divots much flatter and slightly right of target as opposed to closed, toe deep, and to the left] This is where I [respectively] disagree with Peter on the fact that Kiran may be on to somthing 'new' ....her 'torso twist' is much more evident than earlier teachings of any 'pre set' from Harvey Penick or anyone else I have ever read.

Yes........as close as I can come to 'gravity' starting downswing works best.

I played Sunday [yesterday] in the wind 'under pressure' [$20 per man].......I at times struggled to trust the start to the downswing, and into the wind tried to 'add force', of course for me, that is from 'the top' with the hands.

I recovered on a down wind swing and started trusting it again.......it is hard for me to make myself believe I am in position to just let it happen, but when I do, it works the best.

Oh yeah........I won $45......I had a great partner, but in the alternate shot portion of the event, you could not 'hide'.

Here's the most obvious difference to me in simple terms.....after hitting a bucket with my 'old swing', my left thumb often is tender..........with MGS I can virtually hit a full bucket with no glove and nothing is tender......not even my back.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement