I took a look at my stats for the last year and made some resolutions to improve my golf game:
1) I played 84 rounds and spent way to much on range balls so I am going to cut back on hitting balls.
2) I averaged 31.35 putts per round which is not very good considering that I only hit 25% of the greens so I need to improve my putting.
3) I got up and down only 27% of the time but the one that really jumped out at me is 1.3 short game shots per chance to get up and down. Now I sometimes put myself in spots where even Phil or Tiger could not get the ball on the green but that is ridiculous as it means that I am simply mishitting a large number of relatively easy shots. I will spend my time this year practicing short game.
4) I changed my swing a large number of times including a lot of grip changes. I am going to keep the same swing all year this year. LOL anybody believe that one?
5) I averaged 3.75 penalty shots per round. Some of those are the result of trying shots that are not very likely to come off but most are a result of mental problems and not executing the shot I am easily capable of. Keeping the same grip and swing should go a long way to improving this one.
6) Who cares? I had a great time golfing this last year with scores ranging from 76
and if I can get in another 84 rounds this year I will be quite happy even if I don't improve any!
How about you? Any resolutions?