Return to Index  

Golf Resolutions 2012

January 2 2012 at 2:16 PM

(Login gHerbert)
SAGF Members 2001

I took a look at my stats for the last year and made some resolutions to improve my golf game:

1) I played 84 rounds and spent way to much on range balls so I am going to cut back on hitting balls.

2) I averaged 31.35 putts per round which is not very good considering that I only hit 25% of the greens so I need to improve my putting.

3) I got up and down only 27% of the time but the one that really jumped out at me is 1.3 short game shots per chance to get up and down. Now I sometimes put myself in spots where even Phil or Tiger could not get the ball on the green but that is ridiculous as it means that I am simply mishitting a large number of relatively easy shots. I will spend my time this year practicing short game.

4) I changed my swing a large number of times including a lot of grip changes. I am going to keep the same swing all year this year. LOL anybody believe that one?

5) I averaged 3.75 penalty shots per round. Some of those are the result of trying shots that are not very likely to come off but most are a result of mental problems and not executing the shot I am easily capable of. Keeping the same grip and swing should go a long way to improving this one.

6) Who cares? I had a great time golfing this last year with scores ranging from 76 happy.gif to 113 sad.gif and if I can get in another 84 rounds this year I will be quite happy even if I don't improve any!

How about you? Any resolutions?

Regards, Herbert

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement