Return to Index  

Address Hips and lateral move vs minimal lateral move

March 17 2012 at 2:52 PM

McIrishman57  (Login mcirishman57)
SAGF Members 2001

Response to Re: This is easy !

Address vs 6/100

[linked image]

As you can see I move way outside and too far BEYOND my lead side in the pic on my left - compare to your old school pros. I think this is what Tom and Scott are getting to about my being "late". Notice how my shoulders are way open, my trail elbow is behind, I am standing up more on the left than on the right, and I don't have as much "room" as Ham would say. I have a lot of catching up to do and if I don't keep rotating that ball is right.....

My hip slide is greatly reduced on the right, which has added a lot of consistency to my swing. In the right, I am trying pretty much to stay in the posture and hip position I set at address. I still have some dip and slide but not near as much.

As far as playing very well, I played last week and shot 87 (five three putts, only one birdie). I hit all but one fairway, hit exactly 1/2 my greens, but only converted 3 of those misses, one of which was for the bird. Odd thing was my short game was off, I bladed several of my "bread an butter" short wedges which cost me some strokes.

Thanks for the comments guys!

Kevin
The Authentic Golfer
A Blueprint For Golf Excellence
The MGS Approach
The MGS Forum

Never quit til you have a swing you'll never forget!

Respond to this message