Return to Index  

Better on the course

April 2 2012 at 9:53 PM
Don M (Snowman)  (Login Snowman9000)
SAGF Members 2006

Response to Half way through... Longest walk in golf.

We are hijacking the thread, but anyway, I hit much better on the course. I'm terrible on the range, to the point that it usually leaves me somewhat disgusted by the end. I try to have the divot be proper, hit the right positions, all that stuff. Which is good stuff. But I can't do them to my satisfaction. For some reason, on the course, even if my divots and positions are off, I can "swing where I aim" well enough to play a decent round.

Instead of hitting balls, I like to practice without a ball. Indoors at night, with my reflection visible in the sliding glass door. I do a few minutes of that a couple of times a night.

I was reading an article in one of the golf mags about "are you a practicer or a player", something like that. I know a lot of guys here are practicers. They love to perfect their swings on the range, possibly more than they like to play. I'm just the opposite. For players, it says to go out and play your own two-shot best ball so you can get some purposeful practice shots. And that is something I love to do. I'm thinking of playing worst ball instead of best ball once in a while too. Best ball tends to eliminate short game practice.

Respond to this message   
Responses

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement