Return to Index  

"How do I get that trail arm down so quickly..."

April 3 2012 at 12:46 AM
Peter  (Premier Login sagf_moderator)
Forum Owner

Response to Club laid off vs not

That question likely reveals part of the problem. Remember that per Bertholy PSM requires Proper Tempo (PT) and that includes counting to three during the transition from back swing to down swing. It is during this period that your lead knee moves towards the target and you produce the vertical drop of Keystone. You do not need to get your arms down quickly; you need to allow time for your arms to get down.

Bertholy uses Hogan and Player as examples in the version of his manual that I have. In both cases the photos show a clear vertical drop of Keystone:

MasterMove.gif

Also note that the first frame show his hip moving towards the target in the down swing and his club is not yet at top of swing.

To my knowledge Bertholy made no comment about the amount the club should be 'layed off'.

Note how much Hogan's trail arm is bent at the elbow. Now look as this photo of you at the position we call here '6/100s' (because it's roughly 2 video frames before impact) and that Jim McLean calls 'Delivery':

Chris-March31DTL6-100s.gif

If your trail arm were bent as much as Hogan's at this point and your lead hand was in the same place:

1) The club head would be more 'inside' and under the plain, and

2) The club head would be higher and the shaft would be more aligned with your trail forearm ala the golfer's in the gallery.

Peter

Respond to this message